We expect students to learn but who shows them how?
This workshop is taught on the premise that educators need to be the learners first, then they can share the information with their students. The content in this workshop is customized based on the school’s needs and uses information from Abby Marks Beale’s popular secondary-level text, Success Skills: Strategies for Study and Lifelong Learning.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what is really meant by “active learning.”
- Begin learning several essential study skills useful for all learners.
- Refine your own learning skills.
- Review the options students have for learning.
- Learn how to help students learn in your content area.
- Passive vs. active learning
- Mastering reading assignments
- Taking effective notes in class and from textbooks
- Review of speed reading techniques
- Building vocabulary
- Time management for students
- The testing success factors
- Efficient study habits
- Preparing for tests (including standardized tests)
- Writing essays and papers
Schedule Your Training
Study Skills: The Tools for Active Learning can be presented in one, two or three days, depending on your needs.
Contact us to discuss your interest in offering this session.