Meet the Business Writer’s Challenge
Whether you write mostly emails or produce reports, letters, or other business documents, you have a major challenge: To attract and hold your readers’ attention so your document achieves the desired result. Facilitated by Ilana Traverse, this program will give you a toolkit of strategies for achieving the three C’s of effective writing: confidence in your writing skills, credibility with your readers, and a foundation for career advancement.
What You Will Learn
As a result of this session, you will be able to:
- Decide what details best serve your purpose and meet readers’ needs
- Organize your thoughts to draw readers’ attention to the most important points
- Use fewer, shorter words to help readers understand your writing
- Format your document to highlight key information and make it easier to read
- Follow rules for grammar, punctuation, and usage
- Use editing tools to ensure your document is correct
- Feel more satisfied with your writing abilities
This highly experiential learning program uses in-class skill practice, resource materials, and instructor feedback on individual writing samples to give you the tools and techniques for producing professional, reader-oriented documents with greater efficiency, clarity, and impact.
- Identifying your audience, their needs, and interests—and what you want them to do or think by reading your document
- Generating ideas and overcoming writer’s block
- Choosing the best way to organize your content and help readers focus on key ideas
- Replacing dated, wordy expressions with crisp, concise language
- Proofreading and editing for accuracy, consistency, and professional presentation
Schedule Your Training
This program is typically a full-day session; however, it is available as a half-day session and as a two-day session with the second day consisting of one-on-one coaching sessions with the instructor.
Contact us to discuss your interest in offering this session.